Tuesday, August 28, 2012

                                                             SIN: IS THERE SUCH A THING?
  The definition of SIN: an offense against God,transgression of the Law. A vitiated state of human nature in which the SELF is estranged from God. [ vitiate: contaminate,Pollute,Debase,Pervert,to make in effective or weak.] These days we have attempted to erase the word SIN,especially from our language.Our educational system,churches and all public forums will never discuss the word Sin or use it as a descriptive way of commenting on what is wrong. So today we destroy the word Sin by using words like hate mongers ,prejudiced,homophobic and even racially motivated ideas.But the truth is we are SINFUL.
  These words awaken me to the fact that we can mask and call Sin by any other name but it is still SIN. (John15:6) "If a man abide not in me,he is cast forth as a branch,and it is withered." Today could you make a list of 100 things that would please the Lord,could you do it?The fact is that I probably couldn't,but there is one thing I can list for certain "ABIDE IN ME." This is one thing that as a believer I'm responsible for,keeping our union and our fellowship in-tack with Him,then everything else will be taken care of. When we don't want to think about anything else,that's when we need to focus our attention and mind on Gods word. When we focus on the word we will find the force of faith building in us and those dark thoughts will be repelled , learn to fellowship in the word every day and Jesus won't let you down.
     MY SIN is ever before me,and the word says to hate Sin,not the sinner ( I am a sinner),though I would rather be able to forsake the sin and overcome it by the Blood of the Lamb.Our SIN nature is to fulfill the desires of the flesh. No matter the cost we will deny Gods warnings and laws by using our own thoughts to negate His words.( Jer.14:20, " I acknowledge my wickedness,O Lord,and the iniquity of my fathers,for we have sinned against you. ( Luke 15:18...." Father I have SINNED against you and heaven and before you.")
For a true act of love is to love the sinner and realize it is not hateful to tell a person he or she is in Sin.We hate Sin by refusing to condone,excuse,or consider it and choose not to ignore it.Yes we all fall short of Gods (AGAPE) love. Forgiveness is an every day battle for the hearts and minds of men, SO HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN,CAST THE FIRST STONE.....He who can hear......tom

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom,
    the Biblical meaning for the word 'sin' means to 'miss the mark'. It always makes me think of walking along a shaft of light and walking to the left or to the right of it. God's word for me is that shaft of light and if I listen and try to act on that word spoken to me then I shall be doing all I can to stay within that shaft of light. I suppose it is the same as 'Abide in Me'.

    ReplyDelete