Tuesday, October 21, 2014

           A COVENANT OF PROSPERITY
This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. To begin my day with rejoicing and praise puts me into a frame of mind of how great our God is. Each work day is one to be thankful for because no one knows what tomorrow will bring. But as I read my devotional this is what spoke to me.  (Duet.8:18) "But thou shall remember the Lord thy God: for it is He that giveth thee power to get wealth, that He may establish his covenant." (Duet.8-18) spoke to me in this way; we are blessed to live in a country where Food and prosperity have grown so much that there is little scarcity of these things. And yet we lack very little but still have lost sight of our provider, YHWH; and we have forgotten these words "Take care lest you forget the LORD your God by not keeping His commandments,rules and statutes which He commanded us to do." We have eaten and are full and have built homes and survived well, we have multiplied and prospered and many have not forgotten the poor. But still we have forgotten who has enabled us; Have we had these thoughts: "My power and the might of My hand has gotten me this. Now think; it is He who has brought this to past in our lives and now as I look about what I see is all this we have is Perishing. We have forgotten the one who allows. We have broken covenant with our Lord and stepped to the side of darkness and because of this we will perish. Yet it is never to late to humble ourselves and seek forgiveness; so I leave you with this thought; Where does your Heart Stand?

In His Love...........Tom

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tom,
    A good post. I also see the 'wealth' as the true riches found in the spiritual discernment of the scriptures, and the 'power' as the Holy Spirit of God that enables us to do this.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete